Saturday, May 17, 2008

3rd Rock From the Sun

On Wednesday afternoon, D began complaining. So for those of you who know D, you may be asking, "Yeah, so what's new??" I'll tell you what was new....he was complaining about how tired he was. This coming from a child who is NEVER tired!! Then he began to cry, complete with big crocodile tears, about how cold he felt. He was freezing cold, even though it was pushing 70+ degrees. We came inside and he put a sweatshirt on, wrapped himself in his blanket, and cried some more about how he was sooooo cold. I held him in my lap and tried to warm him up, knowing full well my poor little man must have a fever and the chills.

"I HATE being cold mommy! I hate it I hate it!" he cried. "I'm not even getting warm!"

"You're not? Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry. I don't like when my kiddos are sick" I replied, squeezing him a little tighter.

" I HATE being cooollllllddddddddddd!!!" he continued to cry--big, sad crocodile tears and all-- "I wish our planet was the CLOSEST planet to the sun." And with that comment, he rested his head on my chest and stop complaining. His point had been made.

1 comment:

my5wolfcubs said...

Aww, poor guy! Hope he made a quick recovery! :)
Lee (from the WTM board)