Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Housebound

I'm not meant to have a social life. It's written in the stars. Every time I have something planned, somebody gets sick, there is a nor'easter dumping 2 feet of snow on us, or some other unpredictable act of God descends upon us. Seriously, this happens nearly *every* time I make plans.

When DH and I got married, New England was hit by the remnants of Hurricane Lily, leaving our hotel water logged and our cruise to Bermuda delayed by one day. When I turned 30 years old, my mom and I drove through a blizzard to get to New York City for our planned weekend away. Last year, we were supposed to go to our friend's house (who we had not spent time with in waaayyyy too long) for a football game, and B and I both ended up with the stomach flu. You get the idea.

This week it's a bit more simplistic---B is sick with a head cold---but the result is the same. We're housebound. No "socialization" for D due to a missed playdate, no physical exercise due to missing gym class, and another day of playing board games and doing arts and crafts. It's a good thing I'm a total hermit and love to be home, because I'd be out of my mind otherwise. Having said that, even a homebody like myself can only go so long staring at the same four walls. I think this situation calls for a nice, long nap with my sick little guy.

No comments: