Friday, December 19, 2008

Weekly Report~ December 19, 2008

I haven't been keeping up with my Weekly Report spreadsheet over the past month due to being inundated with holidays, a birthday, sickness, and the recent power outage. We have been completing lessons and a lot of projects, but mostly just "winging it". It seems to be working, though, because D has been a bit more cooperative and engaged while doing his school work. The past two mornings we were up and doing school by 7:30am per D's request. Beginning our science unit on magnets had a lot to do with his enthusiasm this morning. I had a few photos I wanted to share, but my camera battery died as soon as I attempted to upload the pictures. So, here is a very brief report of what we've been doing this past week:

Math~ Coin recognition; continuing addition drills and learning to tell time
Language Arts~ Ending blends (-st, -sk, -mp); OPG lessons; reading out loud
Science~ Finished up unit on floating and sinking; Beginning unit on magnets
Geography~ Our travels have taken us to the continent of Africa this week
Music~ Piano lesson(s)
Handwriting~ A few pages from his Getty-Dubay Italics workbook

Next week we'll be on vacation for the holidays, but will continue to fit in lots of reading and some math during this time. More importantly--and more FUN--will be baking lots of Christmas cookies, wrapping presents, making decorations, and celebrating with family. Merry Christmas everyone!!

4 comments:

Our Westmoreland School said...

Sounds like fun. I could not imagine attempting to teach Andrew at 7:30a.m. I think he would self-distruct ;)

Have a Merry Christmas!

Tonia said...

Looks like you and your ds got a lot accomplished this week. My dd didn't want to go near any schoolwork! :0)

Have a wonderful holiday!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

Have fun baking, I just realized today that I haven't done ANY yet! Yikes!

Monica

Kel said...

Congrats on a great week, Have a wonderful Holiday